Frequently asked questions.

This will depend of the amount and type of income you have to report. 

It is best to check with a tax expert before you decide. Check our resources page or go to

Check out our resources page or simply go to where you will find the most up-to-date policies and forms. Many of the forms are in a fillable PDF format. 

E.A. means Enrolled Agent.

An E.A. has studied and taken a rigorous four-part examination in taxation. They are Federally Licensed Tax Practitioners who may represent taxpayers before the IRS during audits, collections and appeals. 

It is the highest credential awarded by the IRS.

  • Be sure to check their qualifications, credentials, and experience. 
  • Use the IRS Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers for credentials and check their history.
  • Make sure they E-file. 
  • Ask for a referral from a trusted family member, friend, or colleague. 
  • Make sure they have a PTIN.

ComputAccount is no longer accepting new payroll clients at this time. 

A bookkeeper makes good financial sense. 

An in-house bookkeeper can be a costly affair.

Having an outside bookkeeper can keep your finances up to date, apprise you of tax deadlines and obligations, and help you reduce the cost of financial obligations. 

It is important to have accurate financial records to keep your business growing! 

A bookkeeper oversees all financial data for a business.  They ensure compliance by maintaining accurate books including payroll, financial entries and reconciliation.  They produce monthly reports that may include a profit and loss and a balance sheet, do general journal adjusting entries and record payments and adjustments.  Many reports that may be needed for banking purposes, such as loans and credit lines, can be produced by your bookkeeper.

To prepare for your tax appointment you will need to gather your W-2s from all jobs, 1099 forms from pension distributions, investment companies and business income.  If you own a small business, you need a record of your income and all expenses by categories, such as utilities, rent, cost of goods, payroll, advertising, travel, and meals.  Be prepared to show proof of these expenses to your preparer.

If something special has happened in your life during a tax year, such as you sold a home, you bought a home, you have an inheritance, or you’ve added to your family, you will need to provide the details on these.